Are you planning a STEM Night? Need a short video that introduces parents to Engineering is Elementary? Do you want to implement EiE at your school, but need to apply for a grant to fund the purchase? Are you hoping to offer an EiE workshop at a regional NSTA conference, but need help with your proposal?”Whether you're a teacher, administrator, professional development provider, or parent, we can help. We offer two online toolkits to meet these needs and more:
- The EiE Collaborator Toolkit, for professional development providers
- The EiE Outreach Toolkit, for parents, teachers, and administrators
EiE Collaborator Toolkit
The Collaborator Toolkit includes resources that teacher educators can use to
- plan and advertise EiE workshops
- share information about EiE with teachers, administrators, and other audiences
- submit a conference proposal or give a PowerPoint presentation about EiE
One especially useful tool in the Collaborator Toolkt is the Interactive Tour of free online EiE resources for teachers. PD providers use this brief PowerPoint presentation to show teachers who are new to EiE the free online resources we provide to supplement our teacher guides. If you're a teacher, you don't need to wait for a workshop . . . you can browse this guide on your own!
Just click on the links within the Interactive Tour to browse useful supporting materials including
- Classroom Videos that show what EiE lessons look like in real classrooms
- How-to Videos with tips for materials prep
- Spotlight Videos that explore the pedagogy behind EiE
- Extension lessons, for integrating engineering activities with instruction in math, ELA, and social studies
- Student assessments, so you can measure progress
EiE Outreach Toolkit
The Outreach Toolkit is designed for educators, administrators, or parents who are working to bring EiE to their school or district. It has three components:
- Presentation materials, including a short video about EiE, PowerPoint slides, and downloadable handouts
- A Funding Guide, with links to grant-writing tips
- Sample press releases, so that when your school adopts EiE, you can share the good news with parents and local media!
We hope you’ll share this toolkit with colleagues who may want to bring EiE to their schools.
We’ve designed these toolkits in response to requests from educators. But here at EiE, we use the engineering design process (ASK-IMAGINE-PLAN-CREATE-IMPROVE) in everything we do! So please let us know how we can improve these kits and make them even more useful. Contact us at email@example.com.
Photo courtesy of Scott Middleton.