In honor of Latinx Heritage Month, we’ve gathered a list of organizations working to promote Latinx excellence in STEM, from students at the university level to professionals throughout their careers. Some include paid memberships and events, others have 100% free resources for students and professionals seeking information about advancement in their field.
• Engineering is Elementary | Our professional development resources are geared toward preK-8 educators interested in STEM empowerment - with one-on-one coaching or group seminars plans available, we’re here to help you reach your goals.
• Excelencia in Education | The 2020 Celebración de Excelencia, including the awarding of the 2020 Seal of Excelencia for higher education institutions serving Latino students, will be October 1st, 2020. See their upcoming events here.
• Latinas in STEM | An organization dedicated to advancing Latina scientists, engineers and mathematicians, including K-12 outreach and career-long professional membership.
• Latinos for Education | With a mission to connect Latinos in Education, this organization has done incredible work - especially research about how the coronavirus pandemic has impacted Latinx students.
• Mexican American Engineers and Scientists | For students and professionals alike, this organization includes a leadership academy program and updated job board for members.
• National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering | Corporate support, scholarship programs and a career center are all available for members - with a symposium coming September 24th & 25th!
• National Association of Multicultural Engineering Program Advocates | A group for education and engineering professionals, with an upcoming conference in January 2020
• Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science | One of the largest professional organizations for Hispanic and Native Americans in science - don’t miss the National Diversity in STEM Virtual Conference from October 19th - 24th!
• Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers | With resources for students and educators, as well as research on Latinx representation in engineering, this professional society boasts programs and events year round, including the 2020 SHPE Conference October 26th - 31st.
• Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Boston | The Boston chapter of SHPE, with leadership workshops and educational development resources for local students.
Are you a member of any of these organizations? Any we missed? Let us know in the comments down below - and let us know what resources for professional development you’re looking for! We’d love to hear your ideas and help find or create solutions for you!